Thursday, May 20, 2010

OBS

Okie blogging about OBS now.

I would first like to say how proud I am of this team. Sure we may not be the best team out there. We may not have what it takes right now to be remembered. But what i do know is that everyone in this team is so united that whatever hardship comes our way, we pull through and reach the end together.

One thing I would like to say I learnt about this trip is that we must not underestimate anyone. When you least expect it, someone actually comes out and surprises your ass, making you see that person in a whole new light.

Everyone has heard me talk about this but i'll put it down. Boe Yee shocked me during the inverted tower, where she bore my ENTIRE weight while I grabbed her harness and pulled myself up, while she hung on for dear life. Before i executed the idea i thought we would both tumble off the set, but she clung on over and over again till we reached the top. I sincerely saluted her for that.

I am also proud of how well you guys let Ben and Jeffrey (I'm surprised at the lack of chunky monkey references) integrate with the team. It shows that Alphas are not an exclusive bunch, and are always happy to make a new friend.

I also think the team has a lot of faith in the exco. I am really grateful for that, but I hope it sends a message to the exco: We have many expectations to live up to. We have to work hard, work smart, and above all, work together.

I also know several of us are leaving the squad, be it temporarily or permanently. First of all, I want to repeat that you are an alpha, and you must never, NEVER underestimate your own worth to this team. Your value to this team means more than just your skill level or physical fitness. Your friendship, presence and smile makes this team a family, and that is a value that can never be measured in trophies and medals. It is measured in memories and laughter, sweat and pain.

However, if you must go, for whatever reason, don't go thinking that you may never come back. We are not some ninja clan. I speak for the team of how happy we are that Patricia is back, and the same goes for you. Don't be a stranger.

For the rest who are staying, we still have a long journey ahead of us. Make sure you stretch well.

Cheer Hard
Alpha Joe

1 comment:

  1. I'm quite surprised that kim and I made it to the top oso. that was when i realised kim is quite a daredevil. only she weak. Got potential. Should train her properly.

    ReplyDelete