Friday, December 10, 2010

Workshop and Jareds training

Hi guys

I would like to briefly blog on the recent trainings with Jared.

8th dec 2010
Good training! For the first time I managed to hit Low high with alice during the OTOT before hand! I think I need to apply a sharper boost to get the flyer a little more airborne and hit the stunt at top.

During training proper I was also trying standing backtuck. I think tumbling wise I really need to start doing more tumbling. I should go back to basics: the cartwheel and roundoff. Jared gave me a good tip: trick yourself into thinking you are just jumping, and then at the last moment say " oh by the way i'm doin a tuck."

Jared wasn't too pleased with the initial part of the training, where we were supposed to do toss hands ext repeatedly. FLyers dropped like flies and he said I should have appointed more spots. My bad I guess.

I also attended astros training! nice.

Workshop
With regards to recent occurences, I would like to share a quote I read recently, and I hope everyone takes it to heart.

Opportunities mulitply as they are seized.

If anyone thinks I'm being lame then fucking screw you.

I learnt a lot from workshop today and I intend to apply it. Specifically I learnt to apply dynamic stretching in the beginning of training. Pt should be quick for warming up the core muscles and other strengths. Stunts should be applied with timing, and I learnt a few new tumbling tricks

Roundoff: keep a straight line from the tip of my fingers to my kicking leg, do it fast, and let my punching leg chase FAST.

Backhand spring: Keep my eyes on my hands and lock my body arched, not hollow.

ok got training again in another couple of hours. Cheers.

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment