Monday, September 13, 2010

13 september 2010: cupie with elaine!

Hey alphas!

Today was an awesome training. Really tried out a lot of things and I had several revelations today.

Round off- Backtuck
  • Turn my right shoulder in more aggresively so the round-off is more powerful. Thanks to Mrs Kiong for this it really made my day.
  • Keep my legs straight in the landing and spring off. Thanks to felicia for this one.
  • Focus on getting high and tucking tight.

Front tuck

  • I need to throw my hands over more, and look at my belly when I tuck

Standing Backtuck

  • I think I'll be taking a break from this for a while. I seem to have hit a mental barrier and I'll focus on other things first.

Backhandspring

  • Tried this out for the first time today, and don't really understand it, but will keep trying.

Cupie!!!

  • I think I finally found that sweet spot. I must really commit to keeping my back straight, not arching back, and hitting the stunt where it should always be: above my face.

All in all I think I need to have more balls in tumbling. I can do a lot, with spots, and I need to stop relying on them. Gonna keep training.

Cheers
Alpha Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment