Tuesday, October 11, 2011

just recovered, again

Hi all!

This has been quite a bad week. Earlier last week I injured my lower back and was out of action, causing me to miss a big football game that I was supposed to cheer at. I feel bad because due to my last minute bail out the blocks were reorganised last minute and some stunts fell. Oh well. Lemons huh.

SO my back is out of it, so I haven't been tumbling. I know I had some lofty targets, but I think I'm gonna tone them down A LOT. For now I'm just going to focus on cleaning round off back tuck and standing backtuck. I didn't expect to be so injury prone coming here so I'm gonna start taking it easy.

I don't really want to make excuses for myself, but studying here is so intense that I hardly have time to work out. Tests and graded assignments take up so much of my time that even attending team training and events is a squeeze. I'll get through it, but I hope everyone doesn't expect too much from me when I get back in terms of skills. But what I am bringing back is a lot of new ideas and training styles from a USA team and I hope it helps Alpha, and the singapore cheerleading scene in general.

I've been keeping up with the Alpha happenings and I must say that I'm really proud of what I'm seeing. The juniors are motivated and happy, and of a good size. I hope the pattern keeps up! Li Jing good job so far yeah. And also congrats to thomas and char, mavis and ji xiong for getting together! May your relationship last forever. Just a heads up, being couples in a team brings a set of unique challenges, so if you feel anything don't hesitate to talk to me or any of the couple seniors.

Joe

1 comment:

  1. joejoe! you so nice! :) anyway back injury i tio before... just take care okie.. don't aggravate the injury.

    ReplyDelete