Tuesday, April 20, 2010

First post

Hey first post. Gonna be a short one because I gotta mug for exams next week.

Anyway I'm doing this in taking of ChaangRu's advice, so if other Alphas think this is useful do follow suit.

Right now training has officially stopped. However, I have been keeping up some personal training(with Carmon, who nicely agreed to be my partner) for partner stunts and occasionally Li Jing for tumbling. Here are some stuff to blog about.

Toss to hands
Doing it right
  • Keep your back straight during the toss
  • Keep your flyer directly above you at all times (includes for any extensions)
  • Use your knees to press up any extensions

Doing it wrong

  • If you adopt a relaxed postion as a base, you will slant the flyer. Lock your butt, thighs, calves, abs and back to become a solid pillar. Push her UP(not touching your shoulders) and keep her level.

My personal problem is remembering to lock myself up, and when I'm tired i'll start using my arms to press up the extension, making is (damn^500) unstable. Using your legs makes the press up lighter for your arms and easier to hit the top, and lock there

The Backtuck

Doing it right

  • Swing your arms way back, winding up for rotation power
  • Throw yourself upwards ie in swinging up, do not let your biceps go past your ears. Jump upwards! Your winded arms swing is enough to rotate you over provided your tuck is strong.
  • Land like you have a pair

My personal problem is the jumping upwards part. It requires a sort of 'feeling' that i haven't consistelty acquired yet. Guys don't be disheartened by this skill. It took me almost a whole year to reach this level, and its not perfected yet. XingWing (Mrs Kiongs 2nd son) took TWO YEARS before he mastered it. So its not a skill thats easy.

The key to training this is consistent paractice, and perpetual support of each other. If there is something you want to achieve focus on the end product and the pride you can savor on achieving it together.

Ok I'm gonna sign off. Mug hard everyone. Can't wait for training to resume

Cheers,
Alpha Joe

1 comment:

  1. Hi boyfriend! Dropping by to say I LOVE YOU again! haha

    ReplyDelete