Tuesday, August 9, 2011

been here for threedays, and screw you blogspot

Hey Guys!!!!

sorry for the very late post. Been hectic here settling down and stuff but here I am doing my first USA blogpost!

For some reason I can't upload my video. I did a video blog two days ago but its not coming up so I have to type like a caveman.

The trip here was great! Thanks to everyone who came to see me off It felt like I was migrating, rather than just going for a 4 month exchange. I have the best friends and family in the world!

The flight was smooth enough. watched a couple of movies, read my thick book, was here before I knew it. On the bus from the airport to the bus terminal I made friends with whoever was in my proximity. So i befriended a Korean girl (yes la quite pretty, but that's coincidence), and on the bus to washington I met a french-canadian cameraman, quite an interesting character.

Finally I met Jared at the bus terminal in washington! So far the more interesting stuff I've done is eat. He took me to 'glory days' where he ordered each of one appetiser for me to try. So far the winner is the onion rings, that make our onion rings in singapore look like factory fishcakes. I'll try to learn to make it and bring it home. Had burgers, sandwhiches, and this mexican dish called 'chipotle', a bowl or wrap of beans, salad meat and rice. smack smack.

Yesterday I had my FIRST session of training. It started from 3 pm and ended at 10 ohmytian i was dead by the end of it. For the first three hours I just did backtucks on a trampoline. Then I joined one of the gymnastics classes run by this guy named dion, who would also excel as an instructor in NDU. Try bridge walking from one end of the mats to the other. Its crazy. I felt like I was getting hammered.

Then we had what was called open gym. Anyone from anywhere could come. Me being used to being the biggest guy on the team, I suddenly felt like a scrawny, pencil necked geek amidst these monsters throwing fullup to cupies and shit. I was doing my cute little toss platforms and cupies. pfft.

Anyway I'll try to get my videos back at to speed i promise. Other than that pleas edo leave some comments in the dooblydoo below, and I'll see you guys soon.

Cheers

Joe

No comments:

Post a Comment